Tantastics’ How to Apply Fake Tan: Life is fast and spontaneous; it’s all about packing as much fun in as you possibly can. What we’re saying is, your time is precious so don’t waste it preparing for a big night out, instead spend it doing all those fun things that lead to great memories…starting with your choice of tan.
All our Tantastic fake tans have been created specifically with the concepts of speed and ease in mind; that’s because we didn’t set out to create just another self-tan range, we set out to develop one specifically designed for young fashion conscious women (yes, you!); women who don’t want to settle for just any self-tan, but one which is natural looking, lasts up to 7 days, is highly moisturising, smells great, and can be applied in a flash!
To help you apply fake tan as quickly and as perfectly as possible, Tantastic have some helpful little hints that we hope will help you get the most from your tan, from preparation through to the time you hit the town!
Tantastics’ Ultimate How to Apply Fake Tan Guide
Step 1 – Prepare your skin
- Exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin and allow the tan to be absorbed evenly and easily into the skin.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before application
- Avoid wearing make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions before applying Tantastic, as these may react with the tanning agents.
- If you notice any areas where dry skin is obvious (elbows knees etc), simply apply moisturiser and rub in.
Step 2 – Apply!
- First, choose the Tantastic tan of your choice (choosing from our lotion, liquid, mousse, gradual or rapid spray tan).
- Use a Tantastic Fake Tan Mitt, starting at the neck, work down your body using small circular movements.
* Handy Little Tip: When you get to your legs, apply self tan to the front of your leg while your knee is bent, but when applying to the back of the leg, make sure your leg is completely straight!)
Step 3 – Immediately after your tan is applied
- Wear loose clothing to allow your skin room to breathe; a onesie is perfect!
- Keep your skin dry (in other words, avoid all contact with water)
- Do not apply any other products over your tan which is still developing
*Handy Little Tip: Avoid hot drinks (or if you simply have to have a hot cuppa, drink it through a straw because otherwise the steam and contact with the cup might remove tan from around your mouth!)
Step 4 – After your tan has fully developed
- Rinse off any remaining colour guide with warm water.
*Handy Little Tip: Avoid going for a swim in the pool as chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
Now, thats how to apply fake tan!