GET THAT GLOW: SKIN PREP AND TANNING TIPS✨
It’s all about that prep girls, how your tan looks solely depends on the base it’s been applied – your skin. Therefore, we want to make sure you have the lowdown on how to get that smooth, even glow you deserve!
Our tans are infused with Aloe Vera, Pro-Vit B5, Vitamin E keeping your skin hydrated after your tan has been applied, helping your tan last up to 7 days. Dry skin just isn’t an issue with us! Here’s our tips to help you exceed your tanning expectations –
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before applying tan, this means you will have a smooth base for your tan. Applying tan straight after waxing or shaving can cause skin irritation and can cause your pores to clog up.
- Keeping your skin hydrated on the lead up to tanning is really important, ensure you moisturise on the days leading up to tanning. Remember not to moisture just before tanning as moisturiser can act as a barrier. Therefore its best to shower off any moisturiser before tanning.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. We can’t say it enough!! Get some Tantastic Exfoliating Bodywash and ensure that you exfoliate every time you bath or shower and especially before tanning. This ensures that you remove any dead skin cells meaning that your tan goes on easier and gives you a better healthier looking glow.
- Make sure that you’re a blank canvas, don’t use any oil based products the 24 hours before tanning as this means that it’s hardier for the tanning agent to absorb into your skin.
- Remember to apply some Vaseline to the follow areas: Eyebrows, Hairline, Fingernails and toe nails.
These are the areas that you don’t want too much tan on.
TOP TIP – Before tanning make sure you haven’t used any deodorant and if you have, wash it off to ensure you get that even golden glow.
Now you’re ready to apply some Tantastic goodness, with self-guides in our tan you can’t go wrong. With our fast dying tans you don’t have to waste any time hanging around – Dress and go in 2 minutes.